Greetings

A flame free area for new players to get help.

Moderator: Black Monk

Greetings

Postby sneakers » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:40 am

Hello, I am sneakers and got referred to this project from Rambetter.

A little about me...I played a bit of action quake 2 back in the day. Mostly I played Loki's Minions Capture the Flag (lmctf quake2). This was a quake2 CTF mode that allowed an off-hand grapple (so you can fling yourself across the map while simultaneously holding your weapon and firing).

I am interested in the Reaction 1.0 project and I hope to be a positive contributing member.
sneakers
Bacon Factory

Re: Greetings

Postby Black Monk » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Howdy! Seen you in irc from time to time. I played a little LMCTF but I never got into it because at the time I was a keyboard-only player, no mouse (think how you control stuff in the original Doom). Yeah, grapple without mouse aiming... not so fun.

I did the same with AQ2 though AQ2 was far more forgiving, especially with a handcannon!
Black Monk
Boomstick Studios
Boomstick Studios

Postby sneakers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 pm

So how goes the "Reaction" development?
sneakers
Bacon Factory

Postby Black Monk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Slow, doing some UI revamping. Rambetter's been concentrating on fixing up the mapping tools in id's source tree so that's beneficial to us indirectly. SmileTheory did some graphics work on ioq3 in general that we're going to use so not directly working on the project but still good for us!

Redoing the in-game UI at the moment, still have one or two showstopper bugs with physics and framerate.
Black Monk
Boomstick Studios
Boomstick Studios

Return to Aspiring Actors